Psahna town are about 15 km north of Halkida in Evia, which is connected by road with the beach road Chalkida – N. Artaki – Psachna.
Formerly the seat of the homonymous community, today is the seat of the municipality Dirfyon – Messapion. 1928 numbered 2.933 inhabitants. In the last census (2001) numbered 5.766 inhabitants.
In Psachna existed since prewar olive products industry and electrical plant. The population is mainly engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry and the main products are horticultural and forestry. Also prior to 1930 in Psachna was postal and telegraph office, elementary school, imigymnasio, dasofylakeio, police station, the church of the Transfiguration, as well as cooperatives (agricultural, Olive Oil, co-owners of the forest, as a cultural and amaxokarragogeon).
Today just before entering in Psachna, Halkida, where there is a small river bridge, on the hill right of the road are the Technological Educational Institution Facilities (TEI) Central Greece which operate seven departments and two faculties of the Foundation. The presence of this Foundation has offered the most to the development of the city.